Saturday, April 26, 2008

Ouch

What goes perfectly with the first boat trip of the season? The first sunburn, of course! I can't complain too much, since I made a conscious decision to not put sunscreen on my legs. It was a kind of cool day, with lots of cloud cover, so I figured I would go without SPF in an attempt to get some color. I got lots of color... RED color.

Before leaving the house, I decided I should probably put sunscreen on the tops of my feet. Trev was in the process of applying his own Banana Boat, and since he still had some on his hands he rubbed the excess on my feet. Notice the Trevor finger-sized white streaks above my ankle.The first couple of nights were a little rough, and trying to keep a bunch of kindergartners off my legs throughout the week was a challenge, but overall I am doing just fine. I have very little redness left... now I am just waiting for it to peel! Until then, it is ITCHY!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

OUCH is right!!! Yikes!

Gardner Family said...

oh mama! I feel your pain...sunburns are the worse!
I learned the hard way that uv rays are strongest during over cast days. Boo to the sun!