Saturday, April 26, 2008

First Boat Trip of the Season

We spent this past weekend in Alabama with my mom and dad and our boys! It was lovely. The weather was a little icky on Saturday, so we just stayed around the house. Trev helped my dad with some electrical work he is doing on the Man Cave, and I spent a couple of hours in the kitchen making runzas (a Dale family favorite... they are kind of like homemade hot pockets) for Trev. He had been asking for them for a while, but I do not have the counter space to make them in the apartment.

On Sunday, the weather was much nicer so we went out on the boat. Trevor and I both spent a lot of time on the water while we were growing up, and we miss it dearly now. There's nothing like it... the fresh air, the scenery, the sound and feel of the water. It is so calming and soul soothing. The water was too cold for me, but Trevor braved it for a while. Of course, it is never too cold for Taz and Tanner. And just like their mom and dad, there is nothing the enjoy more than a day on the lake!

The river is lined with lots of trees and beautiful bluffs!

Taz and Trev, two of my beautiful smiling boys.
Everyone in their usual spots... dad driving the boat, Taz seeking attention (and snacks), Mom in her corner seat, and Tanner just kickin' back.

As soon as the boat starts moving, Tanner starts sleeping!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun - I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nice time with your family and those adorable, sweet, furry boys of yours!